So we are officially half way finished with P90X!!! MAN this has been an interesting road to hoe (yes, I’m from a farm…I have actually used a hoe before). I feel great and I’ve learned a lot! Let’s see here are some highlights:
1. Food–I’ve learned to look at food differently. I used to have the worst eating habits, and that’s putting it mildly. I still don’t think that I have a realistic (aka mentally healthy) view on food, but at least I can eat more than once a day and not hate myself for it!
2. Myself–I have learned that I am bossy! I think I already knew this but apparently I feel the need to “help” my husband more than he feels he might need “help!” I have also learned that I desperately need my husband to work out with! I say this cause, when I feel like I’m at the end of my rope, I call out Colin’s name and he knows exactly what to say. If we have 10 seconds or less in a particular exercise, he starts counting down, if that is not the happy case then he sends encouragement my way. Love that man!
3. Tony Horton–I do believe this man is on some form of stimulant! Who, in the name of all things holy, is that excited EVERY time we work out, and for a whole HOUR of working out? Tony I love you, but sometimes I have to remind myself.
5. “It’s not about falling, it’s about getting back up.”–Colin Cumbie
6. I just might sign up for another round!
There isn’t anything new about working out that I didn’t already know. I knew it would be hard. To go from fat to model ready in 90 days is certain to be the opposite of easy! I’ve loved watching my body change and each week adding a pull-up or two (still assisted!) to my reps. I can even almost do a whole pull up sans chair!
So if you’re thinking about P90X here are some words of wisdom from 1/2 way through [(I know I like lists…but I tend to lose them) And apparently it’s random facts about Lee today!!]:
1. I know a great coach! Use her–she helps!
2. “Get Your Mind Right!” I know, I know…but seriously. Come ready to work and when it gets tough, let your mind wander to how fab you are going to look in a swim suit!
3. You CAN DO THIS! You can show up, everyday and push hard, everyday! I know you can. And I know you will do amazing.
4. No lie–this is a commitment. So commit already!
What was something hard that you tried? Have you ever been pushed? Have you ever pushed yourself? What did you learn?