So we are officially half way finished with P90X!!! MAN this has been an interesting road to hoe (yes, I’m from a farm…I have actually used a hoe before). I feel great and I’ve learned a lot! Let’s see here are some highlights:
1. Food–I’ve learned to look at food differently. I used to have the worst eating habits, and that’s putting it mildly. I still don’t think that I have a realistic (aka mentally healthy) view on food, but at least I can eat more than once a day and not hate myself for it!
2. Myself–I have learned that I am bossy! I think I already knew this but apparently I feel the need to “help” my husband more than he feels he might need “help!” I have also learned that I desperately need my husband to work out with! I say this cause, when I feel like I’m at the end of my rope, I call out Colin’s name and he knows exactly what to say. If we have 10 seconds or less in a particular exercise, he starts counting down, if that is not the happy case then he sends encouragement my way. Love that man!
3. Tony Horton–I do believe this man is on some form of stimulant! Who, in the name of all things holy, is that excited EVERY time we work out, and for a whole HOUR of working out? Tony I love you, but sometimes I have to remind myself.
5. “It’s not about falling, it’s about getting back up.”–Colin Cumbie
6. I just might sign up for another round!
There isn’t anything new about working out that I didn’t already know. I knew it would be hard. To go from fat to model ready in 90 days is certain to be the opposite of easy! I’ve loved watching my body change and each week adding a pull-up or two (still assisted!) to my reps. I can even almost do a whole pull up sans chair!
So if you’re thinking about P90X here are some words of wisdom from 1/2 way through [(I know I like lists…but I tend to lose them) And apparently it’s random facts about Lee today!!]:
1. I know a great coach! Use her–she helps!
2. “Get Your Mind Right!” I know, I know…but seriously. Come ready to work and when it gets tough, let your mind wander to how fab you are going to look in a swim suit!
3. You CAN DO THIS! You can show up, everyday and push hard, everyday! I know you can. And I know you will do amazing.
4. No lie–this is a commitment. So commit already!
What was something hard that you tried? Have you ever been pushed? Have you ever pushed yourself? What did you learn?
The WordPress.com stats helper monkeys prepared a 2011 annual report for this blog.
Thanks to everybody who helped make this happen! We have enjoyed having you as a reader and The Cumbie’s look forward to what fun adventures come about in 2012!!
Oh and PS stay tuned cause tonight I’m going to be posting pictures and discussing what the Cumbie’s have stated as their 2012 Resolutions!
Here’s an excerpt:
A San Francisco cable car holds 60 people. This blog was viewed about 1,300 times in 2011. If it were a cable car, it would take about 22 trips to carry that many people.
Ok so the Cumbie clan finally did it! We are officially a bi-income family.
Colin is taking care of all the banking needs of the people in Lincoln Square. He is a personal banker at Chase Bank. He is really really enjoying his job and the career track that Chase offers. His new Manager is wonderful and I love all the fun adventures that Colin tells me about when he gets home. He says that he loves working with everybody in his branch and they are all super nice…he even works with a famous person! No lie, Brad from a past season of the Bachelorette works with him! But sorry ladies Brad is now taken, but he is every bit as sweet in person as he was on TV.
I work for the coolest “new to Chicago” company I’ve ever heard of! It’s called locallife.com and we are a local online directory, internet marketing firm, and we are even the largest custom design web firm in the country! We designed over 6,000 fully customized (no templates here!) websites last year alone! I just started but love our down town location and everybody I work with! They are all so nice and helpful. We have already out grown our current office and they are looking for a new home for us! I’m excited to begin a new career in sales, but more importantly I am honestly really excited about the product I am selling. What is also super cool is that since they just opened the Chicago office in July my territory is practically untouched and we get the freedom to grow them ourselves.
Thanksgiving is just around the corner and we are excited to go home and see family. We will be in Dallas on Friday and Saturday for all the Dallas crew, if anybody wants to connect and grab a beer or go shopping!
Till next time world–